personal but honestly real. Open for comments, questions, suggestions on what you want to know, clarify or for me to dwell more deeply.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Tagaytay Trip

Last December 1, 2008 was a Monday. Because of our peculiar Philippine laws declaring Monday a holiday if the legal holiday falls on a Sunday,  that Monday was a legal holiday, giving us all a long week-end furlough.  This gave me an opportunity to fulfill Inay's complaint -- it has been ages that I have brought her to Tagaytay.  I also took this opportunity to bring Ate Coring and her brood to this place for a change of scenery and weather.  Unfortunately, Ana had to be in their office (after her long leave of absence since her Dad's death), so it was only Ate and May who were able to come with us. 
In my brand new Avanza were May, Lonlon, Inay and Ate Coring, with me at the wheels.  On the Honda car were Ermie, Eric, Mitch (Eric's girlfriend) and George at the wheels.  After breakfast,  we headed for Tagaytay,  with me leading the way.
First stop over was Batangas' poor version of Disneyland, located at Lemery.  We had picture taking with Fantasyland as our background.  George and Lonlon were at their naughtiest during the pictorials.  Find out why.  
We then went to La Salle Villa, where Inay remembered.  We went there several years ago.  At that time,  we brought our lunch and we stayed there almost the whole day.  This time,  we cannot stay longer for we had to go back after lunch for other commitments.  At this picturesque villa,  there were more picture taking.  Again,  Lon and George were at their elements.   The "excursionists" enjoyed the cool La Salle Villa.
We then motored to Santi's where I treated them to a hearty lunch -- an advance blow-out for my 27th sacerdotal anniversary, which was to take place the following day, Dec. 2.  Gee, I was a bit disappointed that the food tasted a little salty, not very  much to everyone's liking.  to think that the prices were quite costly.  I choose that b
ecause I have tried Santi's several times when I was with the Brothers.  I have also treated Didi,  Mayet's husband, to a dinner there and he was gorgeously delighted.  Gee, what a letdown this Santi!
On our way back,  the ladies (Inay, Ate and Ermie) wanted to buy some decorative plants.  After some bargaining -- as ladies are wont to do -- we then proceeded back home.  It was easy driving as everyone wanted to have a clearer view of the Taal Lake cum Volcano.  It was at this instance that Inay as
ked me where Lonlon was working.  She remarked that it was really long way for George or Erick to fetch Lonlon (when he wasn't still renting an apartment in Lemery).  all the while Inay thought that this part of Lemery was where Lonlon was working.
So we decided to pass by the poblacion of Lemery to show the bank (UCPB) where Lonlon works.  After satisfying Inay's curiosity,        we drove home peacefully!  After catching some minutes of rest,  I drove back Mitch to their house in Dizon Village, Lipa City.  I proceeded to Pater Putativus Publishing House to get some important documents,  which I gave to the Alumni seminarian-coordinator of UST Central Seminary (they were at the SFS Major for the Inter-College Seminary Meet that day).  
I drove back to Bauan to go the wake of Mareng Lui Leynes,  wife of Pareng Onnes Leynes.  There I met mutual friends -- Beting Mauhay, and other parishioners.  I promised Pareng Onnes to say Mass the following day.  I did not tell him that would be my anniversary Mass as I wanted it to be a surprise for him.  The Leynes couple are indeed part of my priesthood.  I will write about that later.  

   Erick & Mitch at the viewdeck of La Salle Villa!

No comments:

About Me

a priest who's passion is social communications (broadcast, press et al), youth formation. Adaptable and tolerant. Want to please everybody; work-addicted and adventurous; easy to please and eager to learn.