personal but honestly real. Open for comments, questions, suggestions on what you want to know, clarify or for me to dwell more deeply.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lasal Basketball Clinic

This clinic in De La Salle Lipa is really something!  In the first place,  The sports office of the school charged a higher fee from the campers.  While at SBC we charged P1,500 (as we give the RGS P500) per camper,  DLSL imposed a whooping P2,500 for this Monday thru Saturday caper.
























The kids are also of varied type -- fat, reed-thin, some are shy, some are attention seekers.  There were parents who really asked us their help, "My kid is a special child!" "I want my kid to have friends as he has none in our neighborhood!"  "I want my so,  who is already 5'7" and will be a freshman in high school to learn basketball so that he'd not be a laughing-stock during the school year!"

I really had to dig into my pockets of tricks to gain the confidence and catch their attention.  For the first time in our clinics this summer,  I used variety of "fun drills",  and that did the trick!  The kids were all cooperative and they had f-u-n! 
Thanks to my very able and amiable team of coaches -- Coach Nino Ricci (NR) Aguba of the University of Batangas,  Coach Nino Agoncillo, Coach Jrex Atienza, Coach Glenford Prospero and Coach Kennedy Macalintal, all from De La Salle Lipa!  all of them are the core-members of the Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines- Batangas Chapter.  This team has been with me for the past four years.    

No comments:

About Me

a priest who's passion is social communications (broadcast, press et al), youth formation. Adaptable and tolerant. Want to please everybody; work-addicted and adventurous; easy to please and eager to learn.