personal but honestly real. Open for comments, questions, suggestions on what you want to know, clarify or for me to dwell more deeply.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The De La Salle Bros of the Phils. at Retreat 2008

I have been chaplain to this band of religious brothers,  whose main charism is the Christian education of the young, for since the summer of 1997.  I was assigned chaplain to their school community and the Brothers at the Lipa Community in the summer of 1966.  In a sense,  since I have been accompanying them during their annual retreat as a district,  I have become the District's unofficial chaplain.  I preside over the liturgy, as this Institute has no priest-member.  

It is not only during their annual retreat that I get to be invited.  I presided over countless district rites, e.g., acceptance to postulancy or to the novitiate,  most of the time in Greenhills  and Lipa, where the Novitiate is located;  jubilees of brothers in their silver or golden as religious brothers,  beginning or ending of important occasions like assemblies, chapters, etc.; the annual memorial of the dead.  
      I have always described my 11 year stay at the Lipa community as my utopian stage.  I have found much spiritual solace as I have a community to pray with,  work with and grow with.  I have been blessed even with material amenities that helped me grow as a person and a professional.  For instance,  this technology -- I never had so much access to it than when I was with the Brothers.  The Lipa community gave me my first ever laptop!  
      As long as I can and it is officially permissible (e.g. not assigned to take care of a parish),  I will continue to be at their service (for spiritual exercises).  Of course,  it will depend also -- and that is the deciding factor -- if the Brothers still appreciate my being with them during those moments!
  

No comments:

About Me

a priest who's passion is social communications (broadcast, press et al), youth formation. Adaptable and tolerant. Want to please everybody; work-addicted and adventurous; easy to please and eager to learn.